Saturday, November 06, 2010

Rain, Blood and Tears

The rain on the streets, they flow to my heart.
The open cut is engulfed by it, making my blood run.
Washing over my wounds, blood and rain mingle and flow.
The rain drains me of my blood, so that I can release the pain in my heart.
 
My tears are running down my face.
Perhaps my eyes would soon bleed instead.
I hold back my emotions, I try to be brave.
My confidence has shattered, was it all done in vain?
 
They say when it rains, the sky is crying.
So I guess when your heart bleeds, you're surely dying.
This pain inside, perhaps it will dissipate.
But for now I wish I could just stop loving, and learn to hate.
 
On and on, I try to wade through the pool of rain, blood and tears.
On and on, I try to fight against my greatest fears.
On and on, I take the hit to my heart, and yet I still walk forward.
My eyes are only set on one thing, which hopefully doesn't become pointless.

No comments: