Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 9

I think my mind and heart were closed for the past year. I did not give the things I loved a chance to bring the real me back again. Perhaps for awhile I felt the things I loved didn't make sense... and they were whimsical and unrealistic.

Reading MKR brought me back. Sure I still have the uneasy feelings of reality affecting me. But reliving the story reactivated a part in my brain that had been dormant for so long. I wish it were my full time job to just sit and write my fantasies, but life doesn't treat you that well, eh? :) I now remember what it felt to be immersed in the things I loved and only to be driven by them. Things... not people... they are just objects and they made me happy. I'd much rather depend on objects now... at least there are lower chances of them being taken away from me.

Anyway... I realised a lot of the things I've written 4-5 years ago, I've actually lived through some of them in the past 1-2 years. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecies. They may be in different contexts, but they definitely happened somehow. It was easy to conjure them up in my stories, but it was definitely painful as hell to live through them in person. But it's real life. I'm glad I didn't paint a picture of rainbows and unicorns in the whole time I wrote it. Sometimes I did, but the other times, I realised I was pretty realistic.

I'm also very hooked on music again. I miss the days where I couldn't live without listening to my favourite tune of the day. The days where I'd get fuming mad when my MP4 player ran out of batteries. Which reminds me... I still need a new MP4 player... *sighs* the new iPod Nano... I'll get my hands on one soon :) I need an Android phone first :D

I'm rereading my works at the moment. When I'm done, I'm gonna start writing again. I hope my readers are still out there, wherever they are. I hope they will still appreciate my works. They had always supported me, even when I didn't have anything for them. Most of them have come to be my friends, and they were more concerned about me as a person than just a writer. Thank you my dearest friends. You are all my new sources of inspiration.

No comments: