Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 14

This morning I woke up feeling really confused. I don't know if it was my heart or my mind.

This morning, I was supposed to tell my boss that I refuse handle the project from now on. I ended up just nodding and telling him that I will let him know the progress of this week's deliverables at the end of the week.

I spent almost an hour pointing out to him that we lacked resources, we were understaffed, we have no time to do the job to the perfect quality the client expects. The client said that they didn't expect perfection, but in their mind, I know they do. At the end of the entire conversation, my boss basically just told me to 'try harder', 'spend a little more time' and to 'get it done'.

I dunno if he doesn't get that:

a. the team is trying hard
b. we have no extra time to spend on this
c. just getting it done this time around does not solve the problem

Makes me wonder what he hears when I speak to him... maybe I'm just some silent movie where he just puts in his own subtitles based on what he manages to lip read... or a mime he doesn't understand.

I really need a backup plan ASAP!!! FML.

No comments: