Sunday, December 04, 2011

When the tears are worth every drop...

So I'd just finished watching The Holiday. Could be the 3rd time I've seen it; Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and the totally odd one out, Jack Black ^_^

What I loved about this movie, from the first time I saw it, was the soundtrack, which is by Hans Zimmer. While I am not a follower of this awesomely talented person, I happen to adore this soundtrack. I remember the days when I wrote my fictions just listening to this soundtrack, letting the words flow as the music evoked emotions.

I enjoyed the entire movie today, and cried along with it. This would be one of those occasions where I would say the tears were worth every drop :) It was a great story about love and relationship, and the music just made you feel what the characters were feeling.

I found myself relating to Kate Winslet's character, Iris. Although I don't think I have gone through as much as she did, but yea... the despair she felt in that horrible 'association' with a man who didn't love her but had no qualms of using her for his convenience felt rather familiar.

The Amanda and Graham couple, Cameron Diaz and Jude Law, were so so cute... and you would definitely wish you had an encounter like theirs; sweet, warm and fuzzy and totally sexy! :) But then there were times I was reminded by Jude Law's nanny scandal.... LOL! And at the climax when Amanda finally cried, after not crying for 15 years, my aunt had to comment that she didn't think Cameron Diaz was actually pretty. LOL! I was so into the mood and my face was scrunched up, crying along... tsk...

Anyway, Amanda & Graham's story was a little reminiscent of a holiday romance I went through, though I felt it in my case it was pretty one-sided. Nothing ever happened between us, unless you think a hug counted for something, and all I do is think of the guy from afar. That's that ^_^ But yea... memories do count for something. Remembering the times when you felt that love was possibly blooming... those are the more exciting moments to look forward to. Once the bloom is over, the flower fades, you're back to square one... what would you do then? I'll just stick to the bloom :D and end it there... for now ^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_holiday

Read it only if you don't mind spoilers. Otherwise, get the movie on DVD and have a good sob with it. Some of them are really happy tears :) I think I may buy it and watch it every year-end :D

No comments: