Tuesday, August 02, 2005

X-tracts on Friday (11pm)

Nothing much to say today. But I did find this really nice link on my friend's site. It's called PostSecret. Do visit the site. You may never know that someone out there actually shares your secret. Not to say that this picture is my secret too ;) But who knows? Maybe when I'm 40 and have never had an orgasm, it might be. Hehe!

Was out the whole day with my mom and her classmates. It's nice to see that they're so close after more than 30 years of knowing each other. Sometimes I wish my friends and I will be the same. But it's a wish. One that can only be fulfilled if my friends aim to do the same thing. And if we don't get too lazy or too immersed with our lives in the future.

Our convocation is this Saturday, August 6-7. We'll be seeing lots of friends perhaps for the last time until the next 10 years or so. Hehe! We're hoping to get together a nice gathering at X-tracts on Friday night (5 August). For those who are ignorant, it's a pub opposite the Clock Tower aka red buildings, in Melaka. Try to be there by 11pm, for those who intend to come. Lets make it a night to remember for the next 10-20 years until we bump into each other in some mall with our children in tow. Hehe! Until then, lets go wild!!! :)

When I look back on my years in MMU, sometimes I feel that I've escaped a hell-hole. Yet, sometimes I look back on our escapades fondly. There were those times when I've acted like a retard, an asshole and sometimes, just plain stupid. And since I love beating myself up about stuff like that. They'll haunt me until I die. Just like my memories of the mistakes I made when I was 14. Or even when I was a kid. Some are secrets, some are known. Sometimes I wonder if the people involved remember that really stupid comment I made, or that really idiotic thing I did. It really eats me up inside to not know. Maybe if I ever get brave enough, I'd ask them... someday. Then I'd be wondering every damn day after whether or not they're laughing behind my back because I was so pathetic to bother to remember such a thing, or that I actually reminded them how lame I was in the past. It's a curse to be uncool, don't you think? Hehe!

And whether or not I've been the cool gal, or the uncool smarty-pants geek, the ugly, skinny cow or even the beautiful girl, I will always feel inadequate. Why? Because I will never know what people really thought of me. Cos, you know, who would tell? :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know someone reads my blog. Haha. But then, guess you can't help it when stupid Friendster insists on informing them everytime I update, dammit.

Heh, see ya during convo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am the 100th hit! Must be my lucky day... except that I'm feeling so lacking of sleep now that I probably wouldn't recognize good things even if it hits me in the face... oh ya, congrats after 4 years of slaving in MMU! Hmm, as far as I can remember, I don't recall u doing anything utterly idiotic... but then again I hardly see you. I certainly regret not being outgoing and 'wild' enough during my MMU days,... hope you don't feel the same way! Oh, and abt having close classmates for life... there's a saying that if you had only 3 really close friends in your entire life, you have lived a blessed life.....

Anonymous said...

relax. no one thinks you're pathetic, in fact you'd be surprised to know that alot of people actually do look up to your outgoing and extravert personality.
the greatest advice mr. anonymous(that's me) would give(not that you asked for one, but i'd give it anyway) is to simply leave your past behind and look into the future. i mean, why give so much credit to people you hardly know and love! so they laugh behind your back a long long time ago, so what? instead, you should free up more memory space for friends and family that matter to you because the bitter and sweet memories with them are the ones you should remember.

and of course you should always remember this great little comment too! (hey i'm trying to sound real wise here so cut me sum slack oright!) ;)

Jenn said...

Yes, GuiXian. Me isz in Kepoh mode as of late. So I read everyone's blog. Maybe more of slacker mode :) since I'm jobless. Yes everybody. I am JOBLESS!

Anonymous: Who you?? Who you??