Thursday, August 11, 2005

My mummy don't let me buy new bra...

Hello! Welcome to another episode of "Rantings of a Spoiled Brat". Today's topic is "My mother would not let me buy new bras".

Every time I spot a bra and wish to buy it, my mother would say that I have plenty, I should go home and count them and then tell her if I need another. Yes I do!! One should have an outfit for every occasion and therefore one should have a bra which fits certain outfits. Especially people with little boobs like me, we're always searching for good bras to make us look good and feel good because of our shortcoming in the department. I can proudly say that I have less than 15 bras. Out of which more than half are uitilized often. And you can't include those bras which were mistakes, outdated or ruined in the wash because my wonderful mother, who would not buy me bras, didn't put it in the bra bag before tossing it into the mouth of the washing monster.

And it's not like I never wear them. There are some bras that you do not wear every other day. Like that low-back bra that my mother was so opposed of when I bought it, even though I was paying with my own allowance. It finally came to good use during my graduation photoshoot cos I was wearing this low-back cheongsam. So you see, no bra ever goes to waste. It becomes useful in due time. So I spotted these lovely PC bras at MP today, which were my best cutting and they had transparent straps. That is such a find!! I was almost in tears when my mom said no. But I didn't want to be a brat so we walked away. But not before I gave her that withering look and she was like "Don't look at me like that." Why? Guilty? Guilty because you have 50 pairs of bras out of which 20 are lying there, decaying? She can get a new bra every sale season cos hers cost less than RM30 but I can't cos mine cost more than RM30. But it's not like I buy one every two months. I last bought a bra before Chinese New Year. That was so bloody long ago.

And the more I come to think of it, I find that I really doesn't have anything to do with bras. It has to do with anything I buy. Probably just the fact that I spend. And I am not allowed to spend. I can't get a new pair of shoes, a new bag, a new shirt (unless she brought it back from China), new jewellery or anything new for the matter of fact. I don't even dare to buy a better product from the brand of cosmetics I'm using for fear that she'll be on me like a vulture on a dying rodent. And now that my face is suffering, I still use the cheapest of the brand I'm using. yes, it's Lancome. But it's not doing anything for my face. And today, she goes to SKII and tries a new product. Life is so unfair. Yes, it's not my money, it's my dad's and as wife, she is entitled to first dibs. But what about me? I spend like Rm500 a month in Melaka while she gets to spend thousands in Suzhou. I eat all the normal food in Melaka while she gets gourmet in Suzhou. Yes, occasionally, I fork out a bit more for Coffee Bean or Pizza Hut or the rare dimsum buffet breakfast. She gets to eat food like that every week.

She comes home from Suzhou with new clothes, new bags, new sunglasses, new perfume etc. I get a few new shirts. That's not what I want. I don't really mind if I don't get presents when she come back. Maybe 1 shirt will do. I just want to be able to buy what I like when I feel I need it. I don't want her to breathe down my neck for every bra or bag or shoe I buy. Let me buy what I need. Don't buy stuff and push them on me and when I feel that I don't want them, start going on about how ungrateful I am. I never asked for those stuff. I just want freedom to choose what I want.

I'll be officially working next month. Hopefully then I will never have to listen to her nag about how I spend her money anymore. Good for her! More for her! :( I hope she'll be happier then. I'll never need to ask her for anything ever again. I bet she gets her thrills from turning me down everytime I ask for something. She probably feels that surge of authoritative high when she does it :P

8 comments:

Bubbles said...

go on a strike! don't wear bra whenever u go out with ur mom's frens heehee

hueylyn said...

errr...*counting in my head* i think i have only about 7/8 bras?
:(( arrgh i feel so inadequate now!!!! *boohoo

DanielleDajerk said...

I have even less bras, coz i have even less boobies...

Anonymous said...

haha...i jz read cleo, and they were suggesting how u can have a clothes swap party so u can get rid of items u bought but regretted and ur frens can get new stuff. maybe u can organize a bra swap party. haha. unfortunately, dun think elaine can be in the same party as both of us. :P

hueylyn said...

:(( i can't swap bras then? boo hoo...

Jenn said...

Ooo! So exciting! When shall we schedule it? How many people gonna come? Elaine, you can swap panties since your bras are not viable. Hehe!

Anonymous said...

ewww...that is just SO wrong. nonono, i don't plan to be involved in any panty swap pls.

hueylyn said...

panty swap??? oooo....gx has alot sexy ones!!! *evil laughter