Friday, July 21, 2006

Quitted My Job... Yippie! Erm... Now What?

I finally quit my job. My dad gave me his blessing to do it and I did it the very next day. It felt wonderful when I put the letter on Lucy's table... I was so ecstatic... for a moment... the reality started to set it. Now what am I gonna do? What's my next job? Where's my next job? When am I gonna be reemployed. Ooops!

I spent lots of time, the night before, updating my resume on Jobstreet and JobsDB. I also realized that if you do not registerfor JobsDB in a particular country's database, you may not be searcheable by companies in that country. So that is what I did.

I have decided on my 2 main career choices to try next, Retail Merchandising (preferably to do with fashion) and IT Auditing. Next mission is to search all possible application opportunities for these and bombard them with my resume.

While doing all these, I am still praying very hard that I get picked to join SM Entertainment. I actually found that they do prefer to recruit teenagers and usually take 4-5 years to train them. It really bugs me now to think that they'd think I'm way past my prime to train as an artiste. I hope that I look young enough to them and that the fact that I am older will lead them to believe that I am willing to work harder to achieve this.

I also got to think of the dark side of the entertainment industry. Will I be able to cope with the constant emphasis on with whom do you have connections and how willing are you to sell your flesh (may not apply to every artiste)? I know not every female artiste has to suffer this. But what if? I think guys are really lucky. They'll never get taken advantage of, unless whoever who wants to take advantage of them is gay :P I suppose anyone who wants to do this has to be firm. If you have the talent, you should never stoop to that level. But if you make it your personal choice, I have nothing against it. If you have no talent, you should forget it and try some other career choice than to tarnish yourself like that. Yet again, some people will do anything to achieve fame and I think I am not such a person. I will only go so far. I will only do what is within my physical and mental abilities and not to mention my moral beliefs.

No comments: