Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Such is the life of a deflated pig...

I finally share a common lifestyle with my peers. Wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep. Those who manage to go out and lim teh or visit their other half or bake a cake and play with their kids before sleeping... RESPECT.

I try to fit in some chatting and if possible, blogging, before I sleep. Can't even find the time to fill up a job application for another company before I go to sleep. Sommore... tomorrow night, I have a dinner to attend. This is too much for me. Can I just get married, have kids and stay home? :D

I never like to work late. Who does? Workaholics? If I get in the zone then I'll work and work. For now, I can only think of 6pm and dinner everyday. I don't want to have my life revolve around my work like my colleagues. Therefore, I am determined to change my job within this 3 months. Help!!!! Get me out of there!!! My colleagues work like there is no tomorrow. I wonder how their children feel. Most of them are women. And for now, I'd say all of them in my department are women. How would a little girl feel if every night, her mom only came home on time to kiss them good night. But then again, these days, kids probably sleep at 1am even on a school night. That's why some of them look liek they are malnourished and never seem to grow upwards or sideways.

There is so much to do and so much to grasp. I wonder how do they finally know about everything they're doing. They can name everything under their care without batting an eyelash. I believe that I will never be able to reach that level. I feel like a complete ditz. I make mistakes every damn day. It may seem nasty, but I hope the other new girl isn't progressing faster than me. Cos people expect more from me cos I've worked in this company before. So if she progresses faster, it'll really reflect badly on me. Then again, it's sometimes easier to learn when you're really fresh and new cos you don't have any old stubborn work habits from the past. Aight?

Me wants to sleep now. All those out there who get to sleep after 11pm. So happy for you... :(

2 comments:

Bubbles said...

you will get used to it dun worry. after 2 months of working, i finally found enough energy for some semblance of after-work social life.

Anonymous said...

If u wanna try working in penang, my dept recently has a vacancy =) Me colleagues are quite family oriented and always lecture me to do the same. But like Kat said, u might just need some time to adjust and get used to it rather than switch jobs ;P