Sunday, September 18, 2005

Off to the slaughterhouse...

I am finally joining the workforce... On Monday, 19th September, 2005, I shall no longer be jobless, useless, meaningless and whatever -less that comes with not having a job. I should be happy, right? But I'm less than ecstatic. Here are a few reasons:

1. Don't like the company
I think this is the stingiest of companies and they have the lousiest of employee benefits and don't let me get started on the rules they impose on us. It's like a factory cum school. I may have to attend some 4-day training before I officially start work. I'm gonna request for an exemption. I took the training last year!!!

2. Don't like the people (Part I)
The "higher" superiors are very condescending, sarcastic and just plain unpleasant to people whom they don't particularly like. Yes, you'll say that most superiors are like that, some worse. But this company has a majority of superiors of this breed. Wassup with that? Hire happy people, will ya? :P

3. Don't like the people (Part II)
There are perverts, bums, bitches, gossips, snides... all sorts of bad character you can think of. People will talk behind your back, a lot, and some even have "golden fingers". To those who don't know Chinese, it means back-stabbers. Just can't stand people like that. If you are capable, you don't need to make sure anyone you can stab in the back gets a good stabbing. Just do your job and get on with life. And there are people who always look like they have nothing to do. You often wonder what they're hired for. They're certainly going to gossip about me a lot, since I've worked there like twice. Temp-ed there before MMU and internship there during MMU.

4. Low pay
Soooo low pay. I can get better elsewhere. Just that elsewhere has no vacancies. So I am waiting, waiting and waiting. As soon as there is an opening, I am jumping off this train to the shithole.

5. The job is gonna be hell
Many people left recently (get my point about the company being sucky?), so when I get in, I'll be covering the work of many of these people. I just hope I don't need to work overtime cos I don't think I am getting paid for it. What's more, what do I know? I'll be a newbie at everything. I just hope they have the sense not to give me more than I can handle. In the meantime, I have to remind myself, "You are paid to do this job, so do it!!" But that doesn't mean I'm gonna do stuff that people push to be when it's their job. These people better grow that part of the brain right. I am not tolerating this kinda bullying I've had enough of it the last time round.

So meanwhile, I'm wondering: What will I wear tomorrow? Do I look fat? Are people going to talk about my getting fatter? What will I wear tomorrow? What's for breakfast tomorrow? Will I be able to wake up tomorrow? What shall I buy with my first month's salary? Epilator? What will I wear tomorrow?

Anyone care to provide some answers?

P.S. I was hired on the same day they interviewed me. Hired on contract basis, renewable every 3 months, cos I refuse to promise to go to Johor with them :P

No comments: