Monday, September 19, 2005

I knew it'd suck, but didn't know that it'd suck so bad...

Yes... First day of work sucked. I shouldn't even use the word 'work'. Cos I did nothing of the sort today.

8am to 9.30am: Waiting for instructions from HR lady.

9.30am to 12pm: Waited at clinic for medical checkup.

1.30pm to 2pm: More waiting...

2pm to 3pm: More waiting...

3pm to 6pm: HR lady gives us briefing on company policy and employess benefits and all the blah stuff. In between she runs off for 20 mins intervals.

The only time I had fun was going for lunch with mein Mann and visiting my friend Chikin at the MIS dept. I know I'm a pain, Chikin. But at least I'm not such a pain to look at ;) You said so yourself!! :)

The bad news is that I HAVE to attend the stupid training. But at least this time there is a girl to accompany me. Plus! She appreciates my jokes. A rarity among humans. Hehe! Meanwhile, I'm beginning to get vibes that the Material Manager hates me. I felt really hot and I was sweating (so the heat wasn't my imagination). I took off my jacket and he caught a glimpse of my bareback. It wasn't even halfway down, just a third of my back. He called the HR lady to tell her to warn me or something. Ouch! Tell me yourself lah, MISTER!!! :P Nasty people!

Btw, I also suspect that they didn't really want to hire me cos I didn't promise to move to the new plant located in Pelabuhan Tanjung Pelepas (PTP), some ulu area in Johor. Johor is evil, dangerous... sin city. My family doesn't like the idea. So I'll probably be expecting nasty treatment during my 3 months there. I DON'T WANT TO WORK THERE!!!! GET ME OUT!!! *sobs*

No comments: