Sunday, October 08, 2006

Let me be a cow (though I'd much prefer to be a pig)...

Nyeh!!! Not gonna put any links but except for the site of the Clazziquai Project...

http://www.clazziquai.com/

By the way... I bought the soundtrack of My Name Is Kim Sam Soon from the local music store for RM18... seems fishy... but who cares!!?? There is a song on the soundtrack that makes me cry each time I hear it because it's always used at the sad parts and therefore associates my brain to a sad thought each time I hear it. Even when I sing it, tears will run down my face... It's called 이별 못한 이별 (Ibyeol Mothan Ibyeol - Farewell Without Farewell), sung by 지선 (JiSon) from Loveholic.

*note that I am now providing translation for my Korean since I've received complaints from some unadventurous people who do not wanna check it up for themselves :P*

I regret to inform everyone that the new 동방신기 (Dong Bang Shin Ki) album is not as impressive as the last. Apart from track #1, "O"-정.반.합. ("O" - Jong.Ban.Hap) and track #5, I'll Be There, the rest of the songs sounded messy. Don't get me wrong. I still think they sound more beautiful than ever. They have really improved with the vocals and acapella stuff and I think the person arranging the music tried too hard and got carried away with the aim of fully displaying their wonderful ability, making every song sound like a mess of harmonies. Yea... I'm confused too... It just sounds noisy, sort of like lots of people chattering at once. The arrangement did not result in a seamless harmony of their beautiful vocals. The fast tracks did not pack the power like their last album did. Imagine my dismay... Some of the songs even sound retro, in a tired sort of way. I don't know how to describe this album at all, only that it is not what I had expected from gods rising from the east. Oddly, I don't even feel as inspired to dance to track #1 as I did to the fast tracks on the last album... Sad...

So at this moment, I am seriously contemplating if I should spend lots of Japanese Yen by ordering their special edition album from HMV Japan. Should I? A fan should be loyal eh? Lets wait a bit and see how much freebies they throw in with the special edition to make it worth my money.

2 comments:

Mz said...

pig, the clazziquai project sounds like somethin i love listening to when i'm in cafes. perfect cafe songs.. to relax to.. keke

dance ar? only groove to it, cannot dance lar.. ;P

Bubbles said...

i'm grooving to Come To Me.... love the remix! thx for recommending Clazziquai.