Friday, February 10, 2006

Finally... My turn...

You would all wonder why I didn't blog during CNY like most ppl (except for The Mindless One), since I had oodles and oodles of time then. I think it's because they were too busy enjoying and most did not have internet access back in their kampung. Hehe!

Anyway, sad to say, not much hype this new year. I think it's because I've aged another year, I didn't party every night for days in a row this year. Also because I lacked the company to go party. So we only made it to Pure once this year. I think it is crap that they force ppl to pay cover charge to go upstairs and listen to their crappy Trance music. I just want to go sit in those round chairs but RM50 is just not worth it!!

The number of ang paos I got this year were sadder. I got like RM500 and my sister got RM700. How did she get so much?? I suppose it just proves that I am less social and that's what I get for making far less pilgrimages to ppl's houses during new year. At least the ang paos covered the pay I lost for taking 4 days of unpaid leave, which would cost me about RM80/day x 4 days = RM360. Ouch!! This is making me super depressed.

Anyway, I'm on Medical Leave today. Was also on Medical Leave yesterday. Caught the bloody flu bug and cos I was so blur yesterday, I forgot to take my panadols together with my flu pills and antibiotics, my fever shot up to 39.1 degrees. It wasn't until I realised and took 2 panadols with my medicine, coupled with "gua sa", courtesy of Geof, that it slowly dropped to 37.1 (measured at 4.30am). Thinking that 37.1 was ok, I didn't take my panadols this morning and woke up with my temperature up to 37.7. I think I better keep taking every single pill prescribed until I am totally back to normal. Stupid doctor only gave me an MC for 1 day, had to go back yesterday evening to get another MC for today. Luckily it was a different doctor, or he may not have given me another MC. So stingy!!

As if being sick is not depressing enough, I think the reason I am not getting better quickly is because I dread going back to work. I just feel that the company is falling apart. Most people in my department only do enough to get by everyday. They can't seem to finish up or do anything properly so as to ensure that they won't have to redo it. I am also utterly disgusted with my immediate superior and one of the leaders. They are always so eager to please the managers above them that they never defend us (the worker ants). One of the managers said that we were to have trainings on Thurs till Sat, knowing that we have to check our shortages from Wed till Friday and we can never finish in 1 day. When I brought that up, the leader said something like "Try to finish it today (Wednesday). You never try you won't know". @$^%%%$#, seriously, what the hell!! What have we all been doing but to try and finish our work within 1 day. Who would not love to finish their work in 1 day?? Who would not love to go home each day with that sense of contentment, knowing that all their work have been done. She totally made it look like I had not been trying my best all this while. After the meeting had ajourned, she started to grumble like I did. I only raised the obvious case and everyone knows that it's true that we are on tight schedules on Thursdays and Fridays. Rather than being our voice, she submitted to the manager's demands. Then why the hell was she made a leader??? Leaders are not sheep!!

Furthermore, Mr. 9 Stars has been harassing me on a daily basis for status that he can check himself in the system. There is an updated, online system for him to look at but noooo... he has to get me to report to him personally. He even told me that I've been working for 3 months and thus should not ask him obvious questions like "Are we still running backlogs?". Then, same to you, Mr. 9 Stars, you have working experience of more than 10 years, you should not need to get me to report status to you. You should be able to see it yourself if you are so bloody capable. On top of delivering the status, should I make you coffee as well??

JanJan is being very aloof these days. She doesn't have this friendly tone when she speaks to me these days and I think she doesn't give a shit that I'm on MC cos she probably doesn't believe I am really sick. She didn't bother to set the notification that I was on MC like she would for everyone else. Or maybe she was too busy to do it. I just feel that she is pissed with me for some reason. Maybe it's because I didn't go back to work on 2nd Feb like she asked me to. I had all the right as I already applied to leave and it was already approved. So if I didn't want to go back, she can't do a damn thing. On the other hand, she was already grumpy before CNY. So I'll just think of it as her being stressed and unable to be civilise with people (or just me).

I really do hope that they terminate me once my probation ends, or if they are giving me an increment of only 10% and below, I am definitely going to leave. I expect 15% or more because I know I am worth that amount. I always finish my tasks. I am most familiar with the system and process flows, compared to the other new buyers. I catch on faster than anyone. Therefore, I feel that I deserve more than a fresh graduate's pay or a miniscule increment. Then again, even if they give me an increment, are they going to expect that I work harder in proportion to that increment? They had better not be. Also, this company has seriously crappy medical benefits. I suppose that it all explains itself, a company which does not have world class HR policies would not attract & should not expect world class employees. In the meantime, I am on a lookout for a new job. Any recommendations?

*UPDATE @ 11:28PM*
I coughed up some phleghm and it had blood in it. Eww!! I'm gonna die!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny you should ask, my team is looking to hire more peeps. but u wanna work in pg ka? if u do, forward me a resume, i'll send in to me boss.