Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Please see my below

The highlight of today was a mail we got from the receiving bay this morning. It said:

Hi All,

Pls see my below.

Doesn't this just get you thinking. Hehe! Another one which my colleague mentioned before went like this.

Will f/u ASAP.

Just in case you get the wrong idea, "f/u" means follow-up. These people and their improvised abbreviations. Sometimes I wonder if it is really that difficult to type a full sentence.

Today was pretty uneventful. Except for this little meeting we have with the regional procurement/supply/whatever-they're-doing people. It seems that each buyer will be monitored on a monthly basis and they will be giving out Buyer of the Month awards (plant level) and also Buyer of the Quarter (regional level). BotM is just a paper award so that you can show off to the next company you apply with. BotQ is a paper award and also some monetary reward or maybe some free gift vouchers. I suppose this will be my aim for now. To be BotM and if possible BotQ. It's absolutely within reach as I am in charge of the least number of commodities in the entire company. The other half of my job is taking care of JanJan's stuff. She has lots of stuff to take care of. But if there is some problem with her stuff, it's not gonna show-up in the reports that the evaluations are derived from. Hehe! Evil me! >:) But of course I will try to do everything perfectly so that I can prove to my other colleagues that I am worthy of being BotM. Hehe!

So that kinda wraps up today's stories. 1 more good news is that my delinquent supplier has been spitting out their past due orders. I can finally start breathing again. I ate instant noodles for dinner. So sad... but I had a delicious and big lunch today. So I suppose that is suppose to offset the instant noodles. And I also learnt that I should never bring junk food to work. I tend to eat it at the wrong times and get myself bloated and feeling sick. No more junk food at work for me :P I'm getting fat! Btw, gonna follow my colleague to try out her yoga class tomorrow. Hope it's fun...

*I'm droning, aren't I?

No comments: